Implant is the most modern achievement that dental science has to offer, after the loss of all, some or only one tooth. Essentially, it is equivalent to the root of the tooth but made of titanium, which provides strength, endurance and full biocompatibility (perfect acceptance by the body, used many years in orthopedics and neurosurgery). Then, the titanium "root" is loaded with an axis where the prosthetic work will be supported, whether it is a dental crown, bridge or an implant retained denture.
We use dental implants when we want to replace any of the missing teeth. All alternative methods (bridges on natural teeth or dentures) are inferior functionally and aesthetically in relation to dental implants.
Implants restore our chewing ability, function of the oral cavity as well as smile and facial aesthetics by removing the disability of missing teeth. They can be used individually for one missing tooth (instead of cutting down two teeth for a dental bridge replacing one tooth), several teeth (without necessarily an implant for each tooth) as well as for all teeth with just six implants (all on six concept or altered all-on-four concept).
Where patient's medical history and anatomical features are evaluated. Necessarily, a dental scan and dental imprints will be obtained to create a treatment plan tailored specifically to you, for you.
The specialized surgeon undertakes the surgical placement of the implant in one session, completely painless under local anesthesia. Implants are then left in the bone so they integrate, 3-6 months depending on the individual and the incident.
The implants we use have a lifetime warranty, making them the best choice in terms of cost in the long run.
After they are osseointegrated, the final restoration with the prosthetic work you need takes turn and it is manufactured after the last dental impression.
The techniques and materials available to us today offer us a success rate of 99%, after their osseointegration their chances of failure are less than 1% and are due to misuse or lack of oral hygiene.
Anyone is suitable for dental implants is sufficient to pay proper attention to medical history. There are medications and chronic diseases that limit us but with proper management we can overcome them.
It has the longest lifespan of any other dental work, with proper care can stay in our mouths for our entire life.
Their increased costs justify:
- The construction material – the titanium root is made from materials that are "embraced" by the organism in a short interval and there is no question of "discount" material which will lead to a failed implantation. Also the material of the artificial tooth so it harmonizes with the neighboring teeth and it withstands the enormous forces exerted during chewing is high.
- The required specialization in all areas – the dentist must be specialized in the design of the treatment, the surgical part of the implantation and the prosthetic rehabilitation.
- Even after specialization, education must continue so new developments and techniques are followed.
- Rehabilitation with implants is a demanding procedure where a small number of dentists can guarantee its success.
- Life-time guarantee for implant from the company and free replacement in case of its defect.
The price of the implant cannot be determined without clinical and radiographic examination because it is affected by a variety of factors such as:
- The area and type of implant to be used.
- Temporary rehabilitation if possible and needed.
- The extent of restoration, when more than two teeth are missing, not each edentulous area is restored individually but as a whole which means fewer implants for more teeth. For example, all teeth in a jaw can be repaired with only six implants (all on six or altered all on four concept).
- Restoration material, especially for the front teeth, we choose more aesthetic materials that have an increased cost.
- Extra prosthetic parts that will give perfect aesthetics or correct the inclination of the implant in areas with bone defects (e.g. multi-units).
- Use of computer aided implant guides, where after three-dimensional imaging, it ensures precise and safe placement and even reduced risk of complications.
- Bone grafts which boost the bone volume so an implant fits.
- Soft tissue graft for boosting the biotype of the gums and ensuring a long –lasting result.
Dental implants restore teeth asking for the same care as natural teeth. Soft brushing, twice daily and use of dental floss or interdental brushes.